Three New Tour-inspired Designs Join the 2022 Line
CARLSBAD, Calif. (May 31, 2022) – Adding performance options to the Scotty Cameron Phantom X family, three new Phantom X mallet putters – the all-new zero-offset Phantom X 5s and the updated Phantom X 11 and Phantom X 11.5 models – will join the 2022 line when they arrive in shops on Friday, June 17. These new mallets complete a 10-putter lineup of Scotty Cameron Phantom X high-performance mallets that have been trusted to multiple victories on the worldwide professional golf tours and are in play among dedicated golfers everywhere.
Seven new models were released in April – the Phantom X 5, 5.5, 7, 7.5, 9, 9.5 and 12 – with the new additions arriving in select Titleist golf shops worldwide on June 17 and available for pre-order on Tuesday, May 31. The full 2022 Phantom X mallet putter family features entirely new head shapes, as well as updates to popular models. The putters also include a new textured grip, new graphics, and premium styling. Tour-preferred milled 303 stainless steel face construction carries through to nearly every new model.
TOUR VALIDATION: The new Phantom X 11 and Phantom X 11.5 models expand on the line extensions Scotty introduced in early 2021 and incorporate feedback from golf’s top players. In the hands of touring professionals, the new Phantom X family got off to a fast start on the PGA Tour in 2022 with wins at The American Express, then recently at the Zurich Classic, Wells Fargo Championship, and the season’s second major, the PGA Championship. LPGA champions, as well as players on the Korean PGA Tour and DP World Tour, have also trusted Phantom X putters to victory. Additionally, a Phantom X 11 was trusted to victory on the Australasian Tour and a Phantom X 11.5 was played to a title on the South African Sunshine Tour.
QUOTING SCOTTY CAMERON: “With the 10-putter Phantom X lineup now complete, mallet players will have a full range of choices in Phantom X designs. From different neck and shaft configurations to the variety of overall head shapes, to our integration of solid stainless steel faces with aluminum sole components, the Phantom X family is all about premium precision milled mallets designed for those looking to make more putts. The all-new Phantom X 5s is our straight-shafted model for that ultra-mechanical stroke. The new Phantom X 11 and 11.5 have been refined and updated with the same look and feel of the current 2022 line including the new sole design and overall aesthetics.”
QUOTING TOUR PLAYER RELATIONS REP DREW PAGE:
“The Phantom X 11 and 11.5 have continued to prove themselves since first being introduced as prototypes on the PGA Tour. Will Zalatoris and Cameron Young (who finished 2nd and T3, respectively, at the PGA Championship) have been using Phantom 11 models for several reasons. The shape provides an aesthetically pleasing visual that aids in alignment and sits perfectly flush on the ground. The sound and feel are matched perfectly to give them just what they are looking for when it comes to speed control and really honing that in. The Phantom X ‘s’ models have been attractive to players like Sungjae Im and Lee Hodges, who prefer the straight in shaft for alignment reasons. Each have stated that an option with little to no offset really makes it easy for them to square the face correctly during setup. Combined with the same feel and sound as the other Phantom X models, it’s a perfect option for many of our tour players.”
2022 PHANTOM X TECHNOLOGY: Each new 2022 Phantom X putter is an integration of steel and aluminum, with nine of the 10 models engineered specifically with a solid, precision-milled 303 stainless steel face and body that’s expertly fused with a 6061 aircraft grade aluminum sole and flange component.
- SOLID STAINLESS STEEL FACE/BODY CONSTRUCTION:Precision milled in the United States from a block of solid 303 stainless steel, the new Phantom X 5s, Phantom X 11 and Phantom X 11.5 models were designed with a solid stainless steel face that is carried through to the body/wings and integrated with an aluminum sole/flange component for performance and playability with consistent sound and soft feel.
- PRECISION MILLED,TOUR-INSPIRED SHAPES: Designed with feedback from touring professionals – and validated with multiple victories around the world – the new 2022 Phantom X mallets further express player preferences with features like precision milled solid stainless steel faces, sleek putter head profiles, refined alignment cues, high durability finishes, and specific shaft and neck configurations.
- SHAFT/NECK CONFIGURATIONS:The refreshed Phantom X 11.5 features a low-bend stepless steel shaft installed over a milled topline spud, while the Phantom X 11 has a stepless steel shaft engineered to minimize face rotation with a single mid-bend aimed directly down the target line. The all-new Phantom X 5s has a straight stepless steel shaft installed near the center point of the topline with zero offset.
NEW 2022 PHANTOM X LINE MODELS: The current and new additions to the Phantom X line offer golfers multiple mallet options in 33″, 34″ and 35″ lengths:
- Phantom X 5s:The popular Phantom X 5 wingback mid-mallet shape enters the line with a straight shaft and a milled topline sight line for players favoring a straight-back-straight-through putting stroke and zero offset. This straight shafted model has a solid milled stainless steel face, customizable sole weights and sports the line’s new precision milled aluminum sole plate design.
- Phantom X 11:Updated with the 2022 Phantom X sole design and new graphics, the high-MOI face-balanced wingback Phantom X 11 arrives with a mid-bend shaft and a solid precision milled 303 stainless steel face, topline, body and wings integrated with an aluminum flange/sole component with simple alignment cues and customizable stainless steel sole weights.The new Phantom X 11 shares design similarities with the wingback Phantom X 12 and Phantom X 5 yet provides a new option in performance-oriented mallets for players seeking high MOI and stability in a more compact platform.
- Phantom X 11.5:Identical to the Phantom X 11 except for its shaft configuration, the new 11.5 adds another compact mallet option to the high-tech Phantom X line.This high-MOI wingback mallet with a low-bend shaft for slight toe flow and a solid precision milled 303 stainless steel face, topline, body and wings integrated with an aluminum flange/sole component with simple alignment cues and customizable stainless steel sole weights features the line’s updated graphics and sole design.
PHANTOM X WEIGHTING & SHAFTS: Each new Phantom X putter features advanced stability weighting with two customizable stainless steel heel-toe weights and stepless steel shafts.
NEW GRIPS: New Phantom X models come with an updated Pistolero Plus grip with a non-slip and decorative texture that, like its Pistolero Plus predecessors, has less taper in the low hand for the ideal combination of size, feel and feedback when paired with Phantom X mallet putters.
FINISH & GRAPHICS: New 2022 Phantom X stainless steel putter heads all undergo Scotty’s silver mist process for a near-permanent, radiant, yet glare resistant, appearance and texture. The 6061 aircraft grade aluminum components have been misted and anodized black. Scotty’s familiar three-dot theme carries through to the back cavity of the new Phantom X 5s as unpainted, raw circles milled into the stainless steel. The sight line on the 5s is painted black, while sight lines on the Phantom X 11 and Phantom X 11.5 models are accented in light gray.
AVAILABILITY: The new Phantom X 5s, Phantom X 11 and Phantom X 11.5 models will be available in select Titleist golf shops on Friday, June 17, 2022, and can be pre-ordered on Tuesday, May 31.
Leave a Reply