Dear Table Tennis England family
Further to the statement issued earlier today, the official guidance for National Mourning has now been published – please see here.
On the basis of this guidance, Table Tennis England can confirm:
· All table tennis activity, including scheduled tournaments, can proceed as planned if the organisers wish
· Table Tennis England will retain web and social media silence until after The Queen’s funeral, unless we are providing further/updated guidance to the table tennis community
· Organisers of table tennis activity being held during the period of National Mourning, are asked to hold a one minute silence prior to the start of activity
· Organisers of table tennis activity being held during the period of National Mourning, are asked to be respectful and refrain from any social media activity during the period, save for any necessary communication relating to the organisation of the activity
· All table tennis activity, planned for the day of the funeral (the date to be announced) should be postponed or cancelled. Even though the guidance allows for activity to continue on the day of the funeral, Table Tennis England respectfully asks for the pausing of table tennis on this day