Fast and Female and Canadian Women & Sport have chosen to lead Milestone 2 of the Removing Barriers to Keep Self-Identifying Girls in Sport in Ontario. Removing Barriers to Keep Self-Identified Girls in Sport is a multi-week program that helps to keep girls safe in sport by building knowledge and challenging current attitudes. It does this by using an intersectional framework to provide training for:
- Self-identified Girls – as delivered by Fast and Female
- Sport leaders – as delivered by Canadian Women & Sport
For this milestone, we will continue to deliver the training for each group runs concurrently with the girls and their sport leaders will connect at the start and end of the series to create linkages and shared learning and experiences. In between, the girls and leaders receive training tailored to their role. To accommodate public health sanctions, the program will run virtually.
If you choose to be a part of this milestone, we will need your support to recruit:
- Self-identified girls, ages 8-14, for 5 virtual sessions
- Leaders In Training, ages 15-17, for 5 virtual sessions
- Sport Leaders (ideally with minimum of 2 years coaching experience) for 7 virtual sessions and ~10 hours of independent learning
This milestone will run on the following timeline:
- End of January, 2022: begin participant outreach
- End of February, 2022: participants complete pre-program surveys
- Mid-March to end of April, 2022: deliver Removing Barriers and complete post-program surveys
Please follow the link below to register for the program. Spots are on a first come first serve basis.
Leave a Reply